How to Access AOL Mail in Apple’s Mail
For a long time, it was a closed system and you couldn’t access the AOL mail outside its website. You were required to have an active internet connection and a web browser to access your AOL mail. In the Later phases of the AOL, they allowed you to access their emails via email clients like Outlook, thunderbird and apple mail app.
Using an email client is very easy and keep things de-cluttered in a way that you like. Apple mail is a very customizable and interactive tool that allows your AOL mail to be accessed in their software. If you are finding any trouble in setting up your account in the Apple’s mail client then you can contact AOL customer support team and ask them for help.
Here are the steps you can try to set up AOL mail in Apple Mail.
Set up AOL mail – in Apple mail
You can create an account in the Apple mail for accessing the AOL emails very easily. You just need to set up your AOL mail account which is pretty easy for everyone and you can do that by following our guide listed here.
Let’s look at the step to set up the AOL mail in the Apple mail application.
- Open Apple mail application
- Open mail menu and select the option of ‘Add Account’.
- Select the AOL mail in the ‘Choose a mail provider’ option or window.
- Now, you need to enter your username and email address and then click on next.
- Then you need to enter your password and click on ‘Sign In’.
- Now, you can read the terms and conditions and the information apple mail client will receive once you provide access to it.
- Now, you can select the apps you want to use your AOL mail.
- And click on ‘Done’ and you’re good to go.
- Now, you’ll receive the AOL emails in your apple mail client.
This can work in the latest mail version of Apple mail as they have added the support of AOL mail. But if you are using the older versions of Apple mail then you might have to provide the configuration settings for the AOL mail.
You need to enter these settings listed below into the Apple mail application.
- Account type – IMAP
- Email – [Your Email Address]
- Password – [Your Email Password]
- Incoming mail server – imap.aol.com
- Outgoing mail server – smtp.aol.com
- IMAP port – 993
- SMTP port – 587
By entering these settings you will be able to set up your AOL mail in the Apple mail application. If you face any problems related to configurations then entering these settings will most likely fix them. But if your problems persist then you need to contact AOL customer service team and ask them for an appropriate solution.